LiveSTRONG® at the YMCA is a program offered at no cost to participants. YMCA Membership is not required.
The Y and LiveSTRONG® joined together to create LiveSTRONG® at the YMCA, a physical activity and well-being program designed to help adult cancer survivors achieve their holistic health goals. The research-based program offers people affected by cancer a safe, supportive environment to participate in physical and social activities focused on strengthening the whole person.
Participants work with Y staff trained in supportive cancer care to achieve their goals such as building muscle mass and strength; increasing flexibility and endurance; and improving confidence and self-esteem.
In addition to physical benefits, LiveSTRONG® at the YMCA focuses on the emotional well-being of survivors and their families by providing a supportive community where people impacted by cancer can connect during treatment and beyond. By focusing on the whole person and not the disease, LiveSTRONG® at the YMCA helps people move beyond cancer in spirit, mind and body. Participants meet two times per week for exercise including cardiovascular, strength and stretching exercises, as well as group discussions and goal setting.
The LiveSTRONG® at the YMCA program aims to:
- Improve energy levels and self esteem
- Build muscle mass and strength
- Increase flexibility and endurance
- Improve ability to perform everyday tasks
- Develop a fitness plan to continue practicing a healthy lifestyle once the session ends.
The LiveSTRONG® at the YMCA program includes:
- Exercise instruction & guidance with certified trainers
- Unlimited access to all YMCA facilities & classes during 12-week session
- LiveSTRONG® at the YMCA wristband
- Weekly group discussions & support sessions
Qualifications to Participate
Eligible participants must be 18 years or older and have, or have had, a cancer diagnosis. If you are ready to enhance your well-being through spirit, mind and body, then this program is for you.
How To Get Started
To enroll in LiveSTRONG® at the YMCA simply register at the location of your choice.
Please don't hesitate to reach out with questions or concerns. We're here to help.