|One Adult & Dependants
|Two Adults & Dependants
Seniors (Ages 62 years and up) receive a 10% discount on their membership.
Use the code SENIOR at checkout when you join online. Or you can visit one of our branches to join at your discounted rate.
Financial assistance is available. See below.
Membership to the Gaston County Family YMCA includes facility access to all four branches as well as nationwide YMCA branches and discounts on many of our programs.
With access to all four of our Gaston County
Family YMCA branches, you’ll enjoy:
Child Care • Indoor and outdoor pools • Lakefront views and activities • Top-of-the-line fitness equipment • Clean and safe locker rooms • Gathering spaces • Saunas and Steamrooms • Meaningful youth and adult programming • Summer Camp and Afterschool • Health and wellness programs • So much more.
Nationwide Membership Participant
As a Corporate Partner, you and your employees will enjoy access to YMCA facilities across the United States that participate in Nationwide Membership. You gain access to more than 2,700 participating YMCAs in 10,000 communities across the nation! Members are required to use their home association at least 51% of the time.
Please be advised that YMCA Membership program discounts do not apply at branches outside your home branch association.
Senior/Insurance-Based, Corporate, and Employee Membership Options
The Y offers corporate membership options that can be customized to fit your company's needs. Providing a Y membership to your employees can increase morale, productivity, employee retention, reduce absenteeism and health care costs.
SENIOR & HEALTHCARE MEMBERSHIPS
The Gaston County Family YMCA accepts many insurance-based memberships. Visit any of our four locations and present your insurance card to find out if your insurance qualifies for this program.
EMPLOYEE MEMBERSHIP BENEFIT
Join our Y team! When you work for the Y your membership is free! If you are driven to help make a positive impact on the youth of our community, then we want you to join our team! Browse our open positions and apply online today!
Foster Care Membership Support
FOSTER FAMILY MEMBERSHIP SUPPORT
The YMCA is proud to support foster families throughout Gaston County through a new partnership with the Gaston County Department of Health and Human Services and the Least of These Carolinas. The YMCA will provide access to the YMCA through a membership discount as well as offer the opportunity for additional support in youth programs.
Policies and Payment Information
CODE OF CONDUCT
To ensure a safe, enjoyable environment, the Gaston County Family YMCA asks that all members, guests, volunteers and participants act in a responsible, respectful manner towards other people, equipment, and the facilities/properties. The Y reserves the right to revoke access for any person who does not demonstrate behavior that complies with our core values, or negatively interferes with the experience of other members and guests.
Our YMCA team asks for your support in helping foster an environment that is welcoming to our diverse and vibrant community. Together, we create a safe space where people of every background have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
The protection of our members, participants and staff is top priority at the Gaston County Family YMCA. To help us maintain a secure environment, please abide by the following policies:
- Membership card or valid photo ID must be presented at the Welcome Center upon each visit.
- Inappropriate use of cell phones, cameras or recording devices is not allowed.
- Filming/photography that takes place on YMCA property must be approved in advance by YMCA staff.
- Foul language, and other behaviors that are aggressive, threatening, destructive, or otherwise inappropriate are strictly prohibited.
- All YMCA campuses are drug, alcohol, weapon, tobacco and vape free.
- We highly recommend that you store all personal items in a locked locker while visiting. The Y is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Pets are not permitted on any Gaston County Family YMCA property (with the exception of ADA Service Dogs).
- All members, employees, and volunteers are screened against the national sex offender registry. The YMCA reserves the right to deny access to any person accused or convicted of a crime involving sexual abuse, or who is a registered sex offender.
Guests are welcome to use any Gaston County Family YMCA.
- Guests accompanied by a Y Member will be charged $10/per person per visit.
- Guests not accompanied by a Y Member will be charged $20/per person per visit.
All guests must complete and sign the Guest Waiver form and show a picture ID. A responsible adult, parent, or guardian must sign in guests under the age of 18 and be present in the facility. For non-member groups/organizations that use or rent the facilities, an authorized representative of the group can sign 1 waiver on behalf of the entire group. For individuals, each participant should sign a waiver, including parents or guardians of minors. Some restrictions on guests accessing facilities or certain spaces due to heavy usage or seasonal programming may apply. Guests do not have access to childwatch services.
Please check with the facility before you arrive to see if any restrictions are in place.
OUR MISSION AND CORE VALUES
The Gaston County Family YMCA, following the example of Christ, builds healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We accomplish this through four essential principles that guide us in everything we do; caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. As part of our YMCA family, we ask you to join us in demonstrating these values whenever you visit the Y.
Our Mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
Our Mission compels us to embrace, reflect and celebrate the richness of diversity within each other and the many communities we serve. In that Christian principles are caring and inclusive, we are respectful of various expressions of faith and serve families and individuals from all traditions, backgrounds and perspectives. Together, we work to ensure that everyone, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity at our YMCA.
IMPORTANT MEMBERSHIP AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
- Members of the same membership must reside at the same address
- Dependents are defined as 25 years & under living in the same household
- The primary party on the application determines the category and is responsible for payment
- Payment for membership must be made through a bank account or credit card draft
- All YMCA members, participants, and guests are screened by a Sex Offender Registry