Healthy Mindset, Healthy Life
Take a Mental Break
At Gaston YMCA, we believe wellness is essential and achieved through a healthy spirit, mind, and body. We are committed to supporting and nurturing the mental health of our members and participants through connection, community, and togetherness. Your mental health matters!
Take a moment and allow yourself to relax, and comprehend your emotions and mental state. Visit your local Y to connect with members, talk to a licensed therapist, and be active!
A Caring Conversation: Talk it out
You can call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or text ‘MHA’ to 741741.
You can also visit the following websites for more information:
- Mental Health America: https://mhanational.org/get-involved/contact-us
- Suicide Crisis and Prevention Lines: The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline can be reached at 988.
A few suggestions for maintaining a healthy mind:
Connect with others by being present in conversations and emotions. Take time to talk and listen to each other with empathy. Provide yourself with opportunities to feel connected to family and friends.
- Take notice of your mental and physical health. Reach out for help from friends, family, or health professionals when you notice unhealthy changes in your life.
- Be active with exercising and mental stimulation. Take joy in doing what you can do throughout your daily activities and life.
- Give your time, words, and presence to your friends and family, or help others.
- Keep learning with new hobbies, education, or new opportunities. Surprise yourself and embrace new experiences.
Destress with a Mental Health Professional
Take a step to understand yourself and your behavioral health. Stowe Family YMCA and Warlick Family YMCA have integrated Kintegra to provide free behavioral health services:
- Chronic health conditions: Diabetes, Hypertension, Cholesterol
- Academics, ADHD, alcohol use, anxiety, attention, behavior, diet, depression, development, energy level, memory, mood, relationships, sleep, stress, substance use, tobacco use, weight, and linkage to community resources.
Stress Management Office Hours
Stowe Family YMCA Services Offered:
Wednesday, 2:30 pm - 6:00 pm & Thursday, 2:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Warlick Family YMCA Services Offered:
Tuesdays, 2:30 pm - 6:00 pm & Wednesdays, 2:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Ideas for Combating Stress
Personal Training is a great way to keep track of your physical fitness and help destress. Personal trainers are certified and knowledgeable about designing a program that fits to your goals and schedule without added stress to you.
Yoga provides a moment to deStress and is offered on the YMCA class schedule, and is free to all members. Yoga helps relieve stress, tension, and anxiety through connection to breath, meditation, and practicing non-judgment of ourselves and others.
By Danika Reid, Wellness Director Warlick YMCA
Contact Danika Reid at email@example.com with questions or for more information.
“Talk to Someone Now.” Lifeline
“Mental Health Awareness Month - May